Treatment Options by Dr. Debra Fink, an Invisalign Premier Provider
Invisalign for Adults
- Dr. Debra Fink has again been recognized by St. Louis Magazine as a leader in the orthodontic care community, she is a St. Louis Invisalign Premier Provider and she has offered this treatment system in her office since the year 2000.
- Chosen by over 1 million adults and teens, Invisalign is a high-tech process for straightening your teeth and America's #1 recognized orthodontic brand.
- During the first step, we will use a state-of-the-art digital scanner to painlessly take a highly accurate three dimensional orthodontic impression of your teeth. Using these computer generated impressions, Dr. Fink can show you a preview of your anticipated results and can explain your proposed treatment plan to you.
- Then a series of clear aligners are customized for your individual teeth. These clear aligners are removable appliances that are designed for your specific mouth and will fit over your teeth at each stage of the treatment process. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will be moved gradually and gently until they have straightened to the final position and you have achieved your desired smile.
- Since the aligners are clear, they are virtually undetectable so most people will not even know you are in the process of straightening your teeth.
- In addition, this system does not use metal wires or brackets that tend to poke at your cheeks and irritate your gums.
- Also, you do not have to avoid the hard-to-eat foods or suffer with food stuck in your braces, because the aligners can be easily removed temporarily for eating, flossing and brushing.
- Our patients typically are given three to six sets of aligners at each orthodontic visit, so you will visit us approximately once every 6 to 12 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. This means you will spend less time having to schedule appointments, and more time the way you want to spend it.
- We offer an innovative treatment option called Accelerated Invisalign which uses a brand new technology called AcceleDent that reduces the amount of time that you will spend at each stage of treatment by approximately 50% getting you the smile you desire even faster.
- Our average St. Louis Invisalign treatment takes less than 12 months, although the length of treatment can only be determined by Dr. Fink after performing an evaluation of your specific case.
- In many cases, Invisalign produces similar results to and costs as much as other types of braces and may be covered by orthodontic insurance plans.
- Invisalign Teen combines the benefits of the adult version of this treatment system with particular features designed to meet the special orthodontic needs of teens such as erupting molars and it contains a built in system that indicates if the aligners have been worn as directed.
- Each aligner has a small, inconspicuous Blue Dot Wear Indicator, which gradually fades with wear, giving Dr. Fink an idea of whether the patient has been wearing the aligners consistently and thus is ready to move to the next set of aligners in the treatment program.
- In addition, since many teens experience the natural eruption of second molars, the aligners can be modified if more adult teeth are on their way into a teen’s growing mouth. This allows Dr. Fink to start and finish the patient’s treatment earlier in many cases, which every teen will appreciate.
- Teens need not suffer with obvious braces because this orthodontic treatment option uses aligners that are smooth, clear and almost invisible so hardly any of your teen’s friends will know about them and they can be easily hidden for school pictures.
- Teens love eating foods that just do not agree with metal braces like popcorn, pizza, pretzels, hard candy and corn on the cob, but this need not be a problem because the aligners can be easily removed temporarily.
- If your teen is involved in sports, the aligners fit easily with many types of mouth guards although you should always consult with an orthodontist before doing so.